Signs that it's Time to Limit or Stop Driving:
- Almost crashing, with frequent "close calls"
- Finding dents and scrapes on the car, on fences, mailboxes, garage doors, curbs, etc.
- Getting lost, especially in familiar locations
- Having trouble seeing or following traffic signals, road signs, and pavement markings
- Responding more slowly to unexpected situations, or having trouble moving their foot from the gas to the brake pedal; confusing the two pedals
- Misjudging gaps in traffic at intersections and on highway entrance and exit ramps
- Experiencing road rage or causing other drivers to honk or complain
- Easily becoming distracted or having difficulty concentrating while driving
- Having a hard time turning around to check the rear view while backing up or changing lanes
- Receiving multiple traffic tickets or "warnings" from law enforcement officers
- You are taking new medications with this warning "May Cause Dizziness. Do Not Drive Or Perform Other Potentially DANGEROUS Tasks Until You Know How This Medication Affects You."
Auto Insurance Discounts for Drivers 55 and older
Colorado Revised Statutes Title 10 Insurance § 10-4-632 requires that auto insurance companies in Colorado offer a reduction in rates for drivers aged fifty-five years or older who complete a driver's education course.
It may be worth the savings to take the driver's refresher course.
Refer to your Auto Insurance provider for a list of approved Driver's Safety Programs and the discount they offer.
Transit Training Videos
This Transit Training Video Series is designed to help you learn how to use Public Transit to travel locally or regionally in Western Colorado. Adults 65 and Older or Disabled Riders receive Discounted Fares. Seniors and Disabled Riders are allowed to travel with a Caretaker at no additional fee. After watching the videos if more help is needed please call your local public transit office and ask them to assist you in planning your trip.
How To Ride: Ridgeway Day Trip for Bustang
+ New Bustang Stop
This web-site includes resources listed that are not affiliated with this project, provided only for help with planning an auto-free lifestyle or vacation for regional and state-wide travel utilizing public and nonprofit transit in Colorado. These organizations are not liable for information provided on this web-site. The Older and Wiser Project, along with Native American Broadcasting Company and our affiliates are not liable for any information or services provided by organizations not affiliated with this project or information listed on their web-sites.